We are very thankful for all of the men and women who have faithfully served our country and especially those who have given the ultimate sacrifice of their lives in public service! Freedom is costly, and we honor all those who have served in the armed forces and other public services in the past and also those who currently are serving now. Thank You!
Bloomers Garden Center will be closed on Monday, Memorial Day. We hope to see you at the nursery today (5/23/2020) from 8:30 to 5:00. Have a safe and blessed weekend!
To all of our friends and customers of Bloomers Garden Center. We want you to know that we are deeply concerned for your welfare and safety during these uncertain times. At Bloomers, we are committed to providing a safe shopping and browsing environment for our customers, employees and their families as well as being diligent to do our part in helping to stop the spread of this virus that has become a pandemic across our nation and around the world. With this in mind, we have implemented the following practices at Bloomers and ask that everyone who visits Bloomers would help us by complying with the following measures. What we are doing to keep you safe:
- We are restricting the number of customers inside our building to two or three at the most so that in addition to our staff, we will be below the 10 person limit recommended by the U.S. government.
- We are frequently disinfecting and cleaning our countertops, credit card terminals and wagon handles to help keep everyone safe.
- We are encouraging our customers to pay with credit or debit cards if at all possible to minimize the handling of cash for our employees.We are mandating that employees who are sick must stay at home.
- We are continually monitoring the latest news and government statements concerning Covid-19 so as to remain in compliance with suggested protocols.
Here is what we are asking of you:
If you are sick or experiencing symptoms, please stay at home, consult your doctor and ask a friend or family member to do the shopping for you.
- Practice social distancing by maintaining a 6’ distance between yourself and other customers and employees of Bloomers
- If you need to cough or sneeze, please do so into your arm so as to avoid spreading droplets
- Wash your hands often and avoid touching unwashed hands to your face, eyes, nose or mouth.
- Please comply with our guidelines for checking out by waiting in line at the door until there are fewer than two customers in the building at any one time.
- If possible, please pay for your purchase with credit or debit cards and avoid using cash.
We are so thankful for all of our customers, friends and employees and believe that if we all work together, we can continue to enjoy the wonderful gift of gardening in a safe and healthy manner.
Hours for the time being:
We are keeping our normal hours through the week however we will be closed on Sundays until further notice.
Gate-side Pick-up Now Available
We are now offering gate-side pick-up! The are a few ways to do this:
- Order online through our website for pick-up Please note that we DO NOT SHIP This option is for PICK-UP ONLY.
- Swing by and give us a call – we will help you over the phone and bring your order out to you.
We have received our shipments of bare-root and containerized fruit trees. We have a good selection to choose from.
Here are a couple things to take note of:
We will be closing at 12pm on Christmas eve 12/24 and will reopen on 01/02/20. We hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Mid January our bare root fruit trees will be arriving, keep checking back! We will post once they arrive.
It’s time to start planting your Fall and Winter veggies! We always recommend to freshen up the soil by top dressing with good compost and/or soil amendments and then you’re ready to plant away!
Things to plant by transplants:
Artichokes, Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Chard, Collards, Kale, Lettuce, and Spinach.
Things to plant by seed:
Beets, Carrots, Chard, Collards, Fava beans, Garlic bulbs, Cool season greens, Kale, Kohlrabi, Lettuce, Mustard, Radish, Spinach, and Turnips.
Come and get your seed and transplants today!
First batch of Fall Tomatoes are here! We currently have:
- Sweet 100
- Early Girl
- BHN 444
- Big Boy
Available in 4″ pots for $1.49 each.
It’s time to get your fall tomatoes and peppers in the ground! You can also plant: Corn, Cucumber, Eggplant, and Summer and Winter Squash. Start preparing your soil for your cool season veggies which you’ll want to be planting starting September. A few great soil amendments to consider are: Humates, Cotton Burr compost, Molasses, also Minerals such as Azomite. Fertilize with an Organic granular multi-purpose fertilizer (We recommend Microlife or Fox Farms organic fertilizers).
Handmade by artists in Haiti; Beyond Borders is an import company who works with hundreds of artists who produce over 300 designs. Beyond Borders uses fair trade principles of fair wages to help the Haitian community with real economic improvement through the creation of beautiful art. For more information, visit beyondbordersfairtrade.com Get yours at our store today!